Skip to main content

Losing Weight In Real Life



Ya'll I need to lose weight. I feel awful. I am currently sitting at a weight that I have only been while pregnant. And no, I am definitely not pregnant.

See, I have been battling to manage my anxiety. Unfortunately one of the side effects of my medication is weight gain. I am also attempting to wean my daughter, which is also contributing to things. Between those 2 things and my love of junk food, I have gained 30lbs. In the last 3-4 months. 

30.
pounds.


I never understood why women are so weird about sharing their ages or weights, so for good measure and the sake of transparency here it is.

I am 32 years old and weigh 194lbs.

To be clear, this is not about how I look. It really isn't. I don't love how my clothes (don't really) fit, but this is more about how I feel than anything else. Here was the last straw:

2 days ago, I sprained my neck carrying laundry up the stairs.  Yep! Injured myself while doing housework. My body is freaking out. I need to fix this and I need to start fixing this now. 


So, what's the grand-master plan?

  • Eat healthy (cut down sugar especially)
  • Exercise (once my neck heals)
  • Drink lots of water. (about 100oz per day)


I hope to update my progress weekly at the minimum. Please. if you have any recipes or tips for me, please feel free to share.

If you want to start your journey alongside me, please share that too! 


Comments

  1. I want us to get healthier too! We're planning on doing a Whole 30 soon! (It's a strict elimination/paleo type diet for 30 days) You should check it out. It woukd be really tough to do it exactly as written because you already have lots of restrictions, but the focus is on health and not weight loss and seeing how foods make you feel so it might be interesting for you to check out! They have the book at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a bunch of free workout videos on youtube.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who's your Daddy?

Reading books with Anthony is always fun. He is becoming so hilarious. When we get to certain pictures he points and yells "Daddy" over and over again.  First, here is an actual picture of my husband: (that's me in there too) This is Daddy #1. Yup, It's Ramses from "The Prince of Egypt." I can see the resemblance! If Ian had hair, he would certainly wear it in a ponytail with gold embellishments. The medallion around his neck is something he would wear too.  And he is always shirtless, especially when in a grueling horse race! This Daddy could beat up your daddy any day! Here is Daddy #2, from "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" This must be a different side of Daddy than Ramses portrays. This Daddy is pensive, with kind eyes. He is daydreaming about something wonderful (probably mommy) and always has something nice to say. I think this one looks a lot more like my husband! So because when we get to the end of this "Brown Bea

Dinner time???

So for once in my life, I was so excited to have a nice dinner ready by the time Ian got home. He told me he would be home at 5pm. I called him at 5:30 and found out he stopped somewhere to pick something up that he was looking for on craigslist. The following conversation happened: "Where are you?"  "Picking up that vcr/dvd player we talked about." "What?!?! WHY!!! DINNER HAS BEEN READY SINCE 5!" "Well, it is 5 mins away from work so I figured it would -make sense to just get it now."  "Ugh , well now dinner is cold"  "You guys can eat without me if you want"  "No. Are you kidding me? I did this for you! We aren't eating without you!" "Ok, so what do you want to do?" "What do you mean 'what do I want to do?' I JUST WANNA BE MAD ABOUT IT!!!" *I laugh because as I yelled that last part, I caught wind of my complete irrationality.*  "hahahaha, ok well you can do that. OR

I never thought I'd ever...

Me and Ian were talking about how much lives have changed since we had kids. Not only the way we spend our time together as a family, but also our mentalities. For example, I was talking to a friend of mine who either just got a tattoo or was thinking about getting another, or both. I can't remember. Anyway, I have been wanting to get a tattoo, so I asked her how much she thought a small one would cost. She said "oh, not that much! Maybe 60 bucks?" I immediately said "Oh, well that's 3 boxes of diapers, which is too much".  I realized then, that I convert the cost of pretty much everything to the amount of diapers I could get for the same price. haha! I never thought the biggest commodity in my life would be a jumbo box of Target brand diapers, or that this exchange rate would help curb my appetite for things that I want, but don't need to buy. An example would be a Nintendo Wii. I have wanted one for a couple of years now. But it costs like10 boxes